Terms & Conditions | Portside Wharf Everyday Heroes Program 2020
Promotion: Game of Chance or Skill
Terms & Conditions
|Name of Promotion||Portside Wharf Everyday Heroes Program 2020
Where qualified entrants can nominate “Everyday Heroes” (ie. front-line workers or people doing selfless acts of kindness, going above and beyond for others in the community during this unprecedented time).
|Promoter||Brookfield Commercial Operations Pty Ltd ACN 120 690 940, Level 22, 135 King Street, Sydney NSW 2000|
|Promotional Period||Starts: 10:00am (AEDT) on Friday 1 May 2020
Closes: 11:59pm (AEDT) on Friday 29 May 2020
|Entrants||Entry to the Promotion is open to all Brisbane residents, aged 18 years and over, who fulfill the entry requirements. The entrant is responsible for ensuring his or her familiarity with the terms and conditions at the time of participation.|
|Entry Restrictions||All entrants and nominees for Portside Wharf Everyday Heroes must be aged 18 years or over and must be a Brisbane resident. If a person under the age of 18 years wishes to enter, they must do so by having their parent or guardian nominate on their behalf. If someone under the age of 18 years is nominated, parent or guardian consent is required to accept the nomination.
An entrant cannot nominate themselves to be a Portside Wharf Everyday Hero.
Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter are ineligible to enter.
|Entry Mechanic||To enter, an entrant must, during the Promotional Period:
1. “Like” the post on the Portside Wharf Facebook page and tag the person you are nominating as an Everyday Hero in the post (noting that both the entrant and nominee must be followers of Portside Wharf’s Facebook page) (Qualify); and
2. In 50 words or less, tell us why the nominee deserves to be recognised as a Portside Wharf Everyday Hero. A Portside Wharf Everyday Hero is someone who is making a positive impact in the community (ie. doing good things to support those who are less fortunate or in need).
The nominator/entrant for each week’s winning Portside Wharf Everyday Hero is also eligible to receive a prize.
|Maximum Number of Entries||Only one (1) entry is permitted per Qualifying Entrant|
|Draw Details||There will be four (4) Portside Wharf Everyday Heroes identified during the Promotional Period, with one Portside Wharf Everyday Hero being identified each week of the Promotion. The nominator/entrant of each week’s winning Portside Wharf Everyday Hero will also win a voucher to the value of $100 to spend at one of the participating dining venues at Portside Wharf.
The closing date for each week’s Portside Wharf Everyday Hero nomination will be at 11:59pm on Friday 8 May, Friday 15 May, Friday 22 May and Friday 29 May.
Portside Wharf Everyday Heroes will be judged each week by the Promotor and announced on the Portside Wharf Facebook page on Monday 11 May, Monday 18 May, Monday 25 May and Monday 1 June 2020.
|Major Prize Details||Each week’s Portside Wharf Everyday Hero will win:
(a) Week 1 Portside Wharf Everyday Hero (ie. winner announced on 11 May 2020) – Groceries to the value of $500 from IGA at Portside Wharf.
(b) Week 2 Portside Wharf Everyday Hero (ie. winner announced on 18 May 2020) – Takeaway and drinks to the value of $500, from the below mentioned Portside Wharf restaurants and cafés (if they are open and trading). Choose from: @Mr&MrsJones, Aamaya Indian Restaurant, Bamboo Basket, Burrito Bar, Byblos Bar, Cruisers Alfresco, Ginga Sushi, Gusto da Gianni, Hello Harry, Sono Japanese Restaurant, Subway, Pineapple Express.
(c) Week 3 Portside Wharf Everyday Hero (ie. winner announced on 25 May 2020) – A winter wardrobe update or makeover to the value of $500 from the below mentioned Portside Wharf fashion and beauty retailers (if they are open and trading).
Choose from: Urbbana, Lieve Boutique, Deer Sir, Costa Moda, Cassardi Shoe Studio, Tigerlamb, Bou’s For Men.
(d) Week 4 Portside Wharf Everyday Hero (ie. winner announced on 1 June 2020) – A drinks hamper to the value of $500 from Sense of Taste, Portside Wharf.
Each week’s nominator/entrant that nominated the winning Portside Wharf Everyday Hero will also win a voucher to the value of $100 to spend at one of the participating dining venues at Portside Wharf.
The winners can collect their prize from participating retailers at Portside Wharf or as instructed by the Promoter.
|Prize Restrictions||Individual retailer terms and conditions apply. No change from vouchers will be given. Vouchers are not redeemable for cash. Individual retailer terms and conditions apply. Vouchers will be valid for six (6) months from issue date, unless otherwise specified.|
|Total Prize Pool||Total maximum prize pool is valued at $2,400 (including GST).|
|Notification of Winner(s)||Each Portside Wharf Everyday Hero and their nominator will be announced on the Portside Wharf website (www.portsidewharf.com.au) and Facebook page. Each Portside Wharf Everyday Hero and their nominator will be notified via private message on Facebook.|
|Publication Details of Winner(s)||Each Portside Wharf Everyday Hero and their nominator will be announced on Portside Wharf Facebook page and website|
|UNCLAIMED PRIZE ARRANGEMENTS
|Prize Claim Date:||The four Portside Wharf Everyday Heroes and their nominators must claim their prize by 5:00pm AEST on Tuesday 30 June 2020.
|Unclaimed Prize Draw Details||In the event that the Promotor is unable to make contact with the winners for any reason before 5pm on Tuesday 30 June 2020, the Promotor will determine that the relevant week’s Portside Wharf Everyday Hero/es is no longer eligible for the prize and announce another Portside Wharf Everyday Hero/es from that week’s nominations.
|Notification/Publication Details (of unclaimed prize winner(s))||The new Portside Wharf Everyday Hero/es will be announced on Facebook and notified via private message on Facebook. For the avoidance of doubt, the re-drawn Portside Wharf Everyday Hero/es’ nominators will not be eligible for a prize.|
|Privacy||A copy of the Promoter’s privacy statement may be obtained at www.portsidewharf.com.au|
Promotion: Game of Chance or Skill
Conditions of Entry
- The Promotion is either a game of skill or a game of chance. Participation in this Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Terms of Entry.
- Entry is open only to Entrants that are permanent residents of Australia.
- The Promotion will be conducted during the Promotion Period.
- To enter the Promotion, entrants must follow the Entry Mechanic during the Promotion Period.
- It is the responsibility of each eligible Entrant to ensure that their details, including their phone number and email address are correct and up to date.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
- The draw/s will be conducted in accordance with the Draw Details. Prize/s will be awarded to the valid entrant/s randomly drawn in accordance with the Prize Mechanic.
- The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize/s are specified in the Prize Details. The total prize pool is specified in the Total Prize Pool section of the Schedule.
- All entries and materials submitted to the Promoter in connection with this Promotion, become the property of the Promoter and each entrant warrants that she/he has the right to transfer these to the Promoter. Each entry must be the entrant’s original work. By entering this Promotion entrants:
- consent to the Promoter making copies of or publishing the whole or any part of their entry and otherwise exploiting the entry and any rights in relation to the entry, to publicise this Promotion or for any other purposes; and
- undertake to the Promoter that their entry is not, and its use by the Promoter will not be, in breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any breach of contract or any infringement or other violation of copyright or any other intellectual property rights or proprietary rights through the acceptance of entries into this Promotion and each entrant takes full responsibility for any such claims made in relation to their entry.
- Incomplete entries and/or entries that, in the Promoter’s judgment, contain offensive, defamatory or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate material or that infringe any third party rights will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter may, in its discretion, require any person taking any prize to be 18 years of age or over.
- The Promoter may in its absolute discretion, prohibit an entrant’s participation in this Promotion, cancel a prize or otherwise cease to provide any benefit of a prize to a winner.
- At the Promoter’s request, winners must participate in, and where relevant must procure that their companion/s participate in, all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding this Promotion or the winning of any prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter and its related bodies corporate using their name and image in promotional material. Without limitation, entrants consent to being broadcast, filmed, photographed or otherwise recorded without compensation while participating in this Promotion, or in taking or using any prize, and they consent to the Promoter repeating any such image, broadcast, film or other recording at any time.
- Entrants acknowledge that the prizes may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to taking the prize.
- If an entrant is unable to or refuses or fails to take part in any element of this Promotion, or a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these terms, the Promoter reserves the right to discard that entrant’s entry and proceed as if that entrant had not entered the Promotion.
- The winner/s will be notified as stated in the Notification of Winners section and their name will be published in accordance with the Publication Details.
- If any prize is not claimed in accordance with these terms of entry, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct such further draws on the Unclaimed Prize Draw Date as are necessary to distribute the prize/s, subject to any directions given by any relevant authority. If required by law or any relevant authority, the winner/s will have their name and state of residence published in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Draw Publication Details.
- Where requested by the Promoter, any entrant or winner (and their companion/s, if applicable)
- Prizes and participation in this Promotion are subject to any conditions imposed by the supplier or organiser of the prize, as applicable.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) by any person in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
- Entrants can only enter in their own name. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winners to produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the winners’ identity, age, residential address, eligibility to enter and claim a prize and any information submitted by the winners in entering the Promotion before issuing a prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or the winning entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction within the time requested, the winner’s entry will become invalid. The prize will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any or all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this Promotion by, any person who fails to provide adequate identification to the satisfaction of the Promoter, or who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Promotion or acts in violation of these Conditions of Entry.
- If due to any reason whatsoever the Promoter becomes aware after an entrant has won a prize that the entrant has not complied with these terms, that entrant will have no entitlement to the prize, even if the Promoter has announced them as a winner and that entrant will be required, at the direction of the Promoter, to return, refund or otherwise make restitution of the prize.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable, nor can they be redeemed for cash. The prize cannot be sold, scalped, auctioned, raffled, pledged or promoted as an incentive or reward by any third party as an inducement for any person or other entity to enter into any commercial or other arrangements with that third party. If a prize is obtained through any of these methods, it will not be honoured. In the event for any reason a winner does not take an element of any prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. Prize Value is as specified on the Date at which the Prize Value is Valid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize another item of equal value. The Promoter will not replace any lost or stolen prizes.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning or receiving the benefit of the Prize. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this Promotion results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
- All entries will be the property of the Promoter. The Promoter will not pass entrant information onto any third parties, with the exception of the winner’s contact details, which will be provided to the associated agencies (if any) in order to fulfill the prize.
- Where the Promotion is administered on Portside Wharf Facebook page, entrants and participants in the Promotion acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook and entrants and participants in the Promotion release Facebook and its associated companies from all liability arising from the Promotion.